If you are one of those who think email marketing does not work, then you are definitely missing out on a huge market opportunity.
The reason most people conclude email marketing is least relevant is that they aren’t doing it effectively.
An effective email marketing campaign will definitely produce tremendous results. It is a good way that top app development companies can get their messages out to their customers and clients and can also help to strengthen relationships.
There are basically three types of emails; marketing email, transactional emails, and operational emails.
Marketing emails consist of a newsletter, announcements, sales promotions, and press releases. Companies send these emails to people who want to receive updates from them. These include; clients, affiliates, prospects etc. This is the type of email you get when you subscribe to a website’s newsletter.
Transactional emails are emails that are triggered by a customer’s action or activities. Some examples of transactional emails include welcome messages, registration confirmations, tracking information, sales receipt, invoice etc. Transactional emails have the best chance of being opened as they are trusted emails. They provide an opportunity for more engagement.
Operational emails communicate important information about a business to customers. This includes informing them of holidays closures, service unavailability, maintenance plans etc. This is one of the least successful emails as people tend to skip it quite frequently.
Below are ten tips for effective email marketing during mobile app development;
1. Building subscriber list:The first step towards an effective email marketing campaign is building your subscriber list. Of course, who would you promote to if you don’t have any subscribers?
App development companies can encourage sign up by making sure subscriptions forms are available on their homepage and in every other location on their site. Some websites even have sign-up forms that hover over the page and follows the users as they scroll. It is not intrusive, yet it catches attention.
Another effective method of encouraging sign up is by explaining to readers what they stand to gain by subscribing, perhaps a free ebook, or tutorial.
2. Proper targeting:In order to have an effective email marketing campaign, you must learn to target your emails to the right recipient.
One of the top reasons why email marketing fails is because app development companies treat all subscribers as the same, hence sending blanket emails.
To have an effective email marketing campaign you must segregate appropriately. This will require you to gather as much data as possible pertaining to your subscribers; their geographical location, their buying habit etc.
This way, you can send your subscribers messages that resonate more with their needs and interest. This makes it more likely for them to take up your offer.
3. Personalization:Personalizing your emails is also another proven way top app development companies can boost their email marketing campaign.
Rather than sending a generalized email to all your subscribers using the boring “dear reader”, you can replace this with the recipient’s name.
The current emailing software allows users to interchange the generalized address pattern with the recipient’s name. This creates a feeling of camaraderie and trust and increases the chance of your email being opened and read.
4. Keep it simple:It gets pretty confusing and annoying when you open a webpage and you are bombarded with flashy graphics, huge fonts and some other elements that obstruct the main content of the page.
Most times people just abandon such pages and head to an alternative one. In order to prevent irritating their audience and potential customers, top app development companies need to keep their layout as simple as possible.
You should make it look professional. A good number of people often mistake simplicity with being cheap or substandard, and complexity with top-notch. That is far from the truth. The most successful campaigns and websites (Facebook, Google, and Instagram etc.) are built on simplicity and ease of use.
5. A powerful call to action:There is no point sending dozens of emails if you don’t tell your readers what you want them to do with.
Call-to-action is an important element of a successful email marketing campaign. It is the push that is sometimes needed to turn a reader into a customer.
A call to action can ask customers to make a purchase, to subscribe to a newsletter, click on a link, fill a survey form etc.
6. Proper formatting:The manner by which the content of your email is presented also goes a long way in determining the success of your campaign.
Firstly, learn to use catchy titles and engaging opening lines. Your opening lines must be geared at holding and sustaining the attention of your readers.
Your opening paragraphs must be such as to highlight the subject matter of the content. Do not beat around the bush, you will lose your readers before they get to the sweet part.
Also, mobile app development companies have to observe proper formatting of their content so as to make them easily readable. This will include using short paragraphs, using keywords and phrases that are relevant to their content, using bullet points to allow their audience to be able to skim through their content and identify the key points, using of images to illustrate message etc.
7. Ability to unsubscribe:This may seem like a point that is a successful email marketing campaign but it is actually beneficial to it.
For some reasons, a subscriber may want to opt out of your mailing list. If they are unable to or they find extremely difficult to, they may flag your email as spam and this will cause you problems down the line.
8. Ensure it is mobile friendly:We are in the age of smartphones where the majority of users access the web via their phones than on their desktops.
Therefore, to have a successful email marketing campaign top app development companies must ensure that their emails are mobile friendly.
They must be able to open on mobile without any of the elements of the email missing. One way to confirm how mobile friendly your emails are is to subscribe to your newsletter and then view it on your smartphone.
9. Test:Before you send out emails ensure that you test and double check your message. Make sure all the properties and links to the email are working properly.
You should also check it on different platforms and on a variety of mobile devices. For a more efficient testing, you can utilize tools like Litmus. This tool tests and provides screenshots of your email as it would appear on different email platforms.
It is bad practice to send mass email without testing. If there is any major error this could damage the credibility of your brand tremendously.
10. Monitor your data:For an effective email marketing campaign, it is important that you monitor your data. Take note of how many of your subscribers actually opened their emails and how many carried out the expected action. Other information such as time of day people opened the messages is also equally important.